The Transport & Mobility Forum, Cork (TMF) is a representative group of organisations who have a common interest in sustainable and active travel. TMF fully support sustainable modes of travel measures and policies. Sustainable and Active Travel helps reduce congestion on our roads, supports a low carbon economy, reduces noise and air pollution, improves public health and quality of life.
Mission: to increase the number of people travelling through sustainable and active travel in Cork.
- Improve the quality of environments through which people travel.
- Broaden accessibility for people to travel more frequently through sustainable and active travel means, and
- Change the culture/mind-set in favour of sustainable and active travel.
- Provide a networking opportunity for stakeholders to coordinate sustainable and active travel projects, programmes and services
- Influence travel infrastructure and policy at the national, regional and local levels
- Advertise/promote options for sustainable and active travel in and around Cork
- Support and promote sustainable and active travel events in Cork
TMF adopts a non-sectoral approach and consists broadly of the following representative groupings:
- Advocacy groups for various forms of transportation, sustainable travel initiatives and health e.g Cork Cycling Campaign, Cork Environmental Forum, Green Schools,
- Public transport providers,
- Relevant staff from the public and third sector at a local, regional and national level, and
- Interested representatives from the private sector.