The Aims of the Transport & Mobility Forum are to:
- Provide a Forum for dialogue which facilitates sustainable travel for people in Cork.
- Advocate for policy that progresses outcomes such as improved public transport services, cycling and pedestrian infrastructure etc.
- Seek to broker linkages between actors in the transport sector and assist coordination between programmes, projects and services.
- Support the implementation of National Policy e.g. Smarter Travel at a local level.
The Role of the Transport & Mobility Forum is to:
- Promote and support more sustainable forms of travel including walking, cycling, public transportation, carpooling/ car sharing.
- Provide an interface between users of sustainable transport and the transport infrastructure providers and policy makers.
- Provide networking and coordination between various groups and organisations within Cork City and County with an interest or role in travel/ transportation issues
- Positively influence policy formulation and policy improvements regarding sustainable travel at a local, regional and national level.
- Identify key barriers to the provision of sustainable travel and look for solutions to address these barriers through coordinated actions.
- Assist organisations which organise events that promote sustainable travel e.g. mobility week.
Click here for a list of our Partners